random thoughts on life and spirituality

We loved you so much that we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well, because you had become so dear to us. -Paul's First letter to the Thessalonians (2:8)

Monday, July 18, 2005

the BIG plant

Being eco-conscious my whole life, I feel obligated to have plants. While working as a lab tech at Delaware's NREC (natural resouces and environmental control) lab, someone gave me a pieve of a trunk of a similar sized plant. It really is an amazing plant. One piece of it--trunk, leaf, root--when kept wet will spawn another plant. Whenever we moved, all we need to do was take a pice and give the plant to a friend. Then we could re-start wherever we went. Well, time has come and the plant is looking for a new home. Maybe I'll part it out and send it to a bunch of friends.

It's funny how a plant like this can't seem to die when watered--except for a bug blight rleated to my wife's supervisor, an old orange and a refrigerator turned off for weeks...it makes me think of the spiritual side of all of us. My spiritual side is fueled by time alone with God, reading from the Bible and exploring the wonders and awe found in nature. When that water is supplied to my soul, I thrive like this plant. So, what keeps us from being watered? From helping others find water?

BTW, anyone want a plant? I'm focusing on smaller plants--Venus fly traps--and large, slow growing cacti now.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:34 PM, Blogger Paul said…

    I'll take a slice of that thing.

     
  • At 11:57 PM, Blogger Jeff said…

    OK...it seems that I have MANY people who want a slice...so, I'l going to mow it overs and divide the pieces...jk!...but I am doing some cuttings!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home