random thoughts on life and spirituality

We loved you so much that we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well, because you had become so dear to us. -Paul's First letter to the Thessalonians (2:8)

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Things that make me mad

What good is ther internet if I can't rant about things that make me mad?!?!? My CD burner on my Dell laptop doesn't work because of a software issue. Of course, I have to pay for the version that will work if I want to write data to a CD--even though the software came as part of a software package with the computer when it was new. Since I'm more of a flashdrive kind of guy anyhow, maybe I shouldn't even care. But it really is a matter of principle. Things you buy should work!!!

Oh well, my turkey-artichoke panini at Panera makes things a little better.

BTW, I wish Panera had really good coffee. It's above average, but not really worth it usually. I just come here for the sandwiches and free wifi. But today the coffee is exceptional...maybe it's just which Panera I go to...

Other things that make me mad:
glazed donuts with no real glaze--just a slightly damp donut
poor customer service
people who talk on cell phones in Borders while I'm trying to read
an absence of coffee houses where I live
books that have nothing original to say
Canadian coins in my change
tip jars everywhere--but I am a generous tipper!
people who park their cars in 2 spaces--esp. when their car isn't that nice
that the Treo 650 doesn't have a wifi card--I know how to get around it though

time to finish lunch...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home