random thoughts on life and spirituality

We loved you so much that we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well, because you had become so dear to us. -Paul's First letter to the Thessalonians (2:8)

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Scripted AND Authentic?

My friend Paul led worship the other night using a DVD. Frankly, I have always considered this a second rate option at best. Afterall, with the musical talent available here at Calvary, was this really necessary?

It's made me rethink something...I always viewed anything canned as inauthentic in worship. But, in recent years I have begun to value and enjoy written prayers being read aloud as a part of worship, responsive readings (1 part read by leader, rest of us read the 2nd, then repeat until end), etc. Why do I resist some things while embracing others...i guess i'm just wondering where the balance is...

This weekend we're doing a young adult worship gathering called: ya worship. I guess this'll end up being a learning lab for all of this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home